viernes, 23 de noviembre de 2012

LGBTXYZKLMNOP

I knew the LGBT as the LGBT, the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trasgender.

At first I tought it was a pretty long name, but hey, they had to have them all there right?

But when I first came here I noticed that the LGBT was not the LGBT, it was the LGBTQ, what the hell does the Q stand for? After a while I think I saw somewhere that the Q was for "questioning". Oh, okay, let's not include those who aren't sure to which group they belong to, sounds fine for me.

Some other random day, I overheard a pair of friends talking "LGBTQ? what does the Q stand for? - Queer -I swear that name is getting longer everyday, what is the difference between queer and gay anyway?" And I couldn't hear what the difference was, but, now I wasn't sure what the Q was for. One more letter, well, how longer could it get?

Then, not so long ago, there was a drag show, and on the entrance table, I saw this: "LGBTIQ".

Yeah.

One more letter.

It stood for "Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual Intersex Queer".

It is indeed getting longer.

I think it'd be easier for the LGBT folks to be the "¬S" you know, as in, "not straight".
Or just something along the lines of "Association of People with Different Sexual Orientations", instead of trying to add every single variant in there.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario